Writing the Future: Career Planning Series for Chinese Students - Financial Companies (书写未来: 留学生职业规划系列讨论Ⅳ - 金融企业篇)
From Teng Wen
The number and percentage of overseas students returning to China for employment and entrepreneurship after graduation is increasing year by year. The Cornell China Center is hosting a career planning discussion series to provide current and recent graduates with an opportunity to learn about the current situation, needs and trends in China's job market, gain insight into the operational mechanisms of companies, workplace culture and key concerns in the hiring process, and have direct conversations with companies.
The first three events in the series focused on Tech and Financial firms and received enthusiastic discussions and participation from students, alumni, and friends. The fourth session of the series will focus on the financial sector, and we will invite senior HR experts from UBS China, HSBC, Huatai Securities, and Cyanhill Capital to discuss the job search and career development of young talent, as well as recent recruitment strategies and talent needs.
- Cultural characteristics and opportunities in the workplace
- Specific advantages and challenges of different educational backgrounds
- Trends in talent demand
- Opportunities and challenges in today's world
- Ruby Yushan CHEN, Head of Campus Recruitment Program, Human Resources Department, Huatai Securities. Master of Strategic Marketing, University of Warwick, joined Huatai Securities service through campusrecruitment in 2016 till now, mainly responsible for campus recruitment, employer branding and other dimensions.
- Hong YAN, China Talent Lead, Human Resources, UBS China. She joined UBS in 2021 and is responsible for talent management, learning development and corporate culture development in UBS China.
- Fiona Yang LIU, CEO Assistant/ Head of Human Resources Department, Cyanhill Capital. MBA from Cornell University and Tsinghua University, Master of Investment Management from Hong Kong Polytechnic University; former Director of Operations of Columbia University Beijing Center, joined Cyanhill Capital in 2022, mainly responsible for investment business synergy, talent development and organization building.
- Fan TANG, HSBC China
Moderators & Discussants
- Peter WEN, Manager, Cornell in China
- Di LU, Corporate Relations Manager - Asia, Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis
- Qiawen ZHANG, School of Arts and Sciences Alumni Class of 2020
This event is co-hosted by the Cornell China Center (Beijing) and the China Office of Washington University (St. Louis).