Building Allyship: The Dangers of Performative Allyship – Understanding Intent vs. Impact
From Sara Hernandez
This Building Allyship session focuses on developing an understanding of performative allyship and its dangerous impacts. The featured speaker and panelists provide insights on their experiences with performative allyship and share strategies for demonstrating critical allyship.
- Featured Speaker and Moderator: Chelsea Stephens, Ph.D. Student, Biomedical Engineering
- Panelist: Tiffany Agard, M.P.A. Student, Cornell Institute for Public Affairs
- Panelist: Elvisha Dhamala, Ph.D. Candidate, Neuroscience
- Panelist: Jesse Goldberg, Ph.D. ‘18, African American Literature, Visiting Research Fellow, Auburn University
- Panelist: Kelly Zamudio, Ph.D., Goldwin Smith Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology; Faculty Curator of Herpetology, Cornell University Museum of Vertebrates